Monday 7 December 2015

"United We Stand" MV (Michael/Barbara)

Update 16/11/16: I've provided the summary for 'United We Stand' here. It's really a fun series!



I haven't found the rom-com United We Stand (生銹橋王, 1984) with English sub (or Indonesian sub) yet, so I haven't been able to watch the series. I mean, I can, I guess, view it through Youku, Tudou, Dailymotion or Veoh... but I wouldn't have a clue what Barbara and Michael were saying. But I found this lovely MV a while ago at Veoh and I remembered it today. 

The MV is below the break (gotta do that so I can track the stat for this post). Click this to watch the MV at my new Jianghu blog. It's a lovely MV with Barbara as Dao Yun, the well-behaved lady who was courted by Dong Peng Fei (Michael Miu). Babs also portrayed Dao Yun's tomboy twin (Pei Ying), hence I really want to see this series. But for now, the MV will do. Michael looked dashing as always (tho I find his immensely curly hair a bit unsettling, for I'm so used to his long flowing Han hair...). Barbara was so gorgeous and doll-like, it makes me root for her more...





Watch Barbara Yung Mei Ling and Michael Miu Kiu Wai in Drama  |  View More Free Videos Online at Veoh.com


Here's the description of United We Stand by YesAsia:


Set in the early 20th century, the 1984 TVB drama United We Stand depicts the hilarious romantic hijinks of people who live in a Hong Kong run amok by pirates. Barbara Yung outdoes herself in a superb dual role, portraying the charmingly well-behaved Dao Yun, who becomes the target of the opportunistic Dong Peng Fei (Michael Miu), and the tomboyish Pei Ying, who seeks to win the heart of the dandy Zi Long (Michael Tao).

So cute! Please Universe, provide me with the Eng/Indo subbed version please... and Cantonese audio, not Mandarin... (I really root for MB voices...). Also, check this link to Rob Radboud's website on the BTS of United We Stand with Michael mostly doing the talking. Rob, by the way, was Bab's former Dutch boyfriend, and he has a very comprehensive website of Babs. You should read his entries if you're a Barbara Yung fan...

3 comments:

Anonymous :] said...

I take my last comment back. This is the series my mom has been trying to find! Lol. I hope the universe does one WITH Vietnamese subs. My mom would LOVE this series.

Icha said...

Well, my dear Anon, when the Universe provides you with the Vietnamese subs, do let me know what you and your mother think about the series! I will definitely report what I think of it when I have the chance to see it with Eng or Indonesian subs...

And please say hi to your mother from me!

Icha said...

Anon, I've given up trying to find the English sub for 'United We Stand', so I just watched the raw Cantonese version. I also provided the summary of the series here:

http://riverandlakerealm.blogspot.com.au/search/label/United%20We%20Stand%201984

hope you get this message!